Whole House Water Filter System / WHS-UKWF Double Installation Instructions
Whole House Water Filter System / WHS-UKWF Double
We recommend using a professional plumber to install the system. It should take them between one and two hours depending on how much pipe work needs to be altered.
Fitting a by-pass valve is highly recommended so that the unit can be isolated for cartridge changing or to prolong the life of the filter when not required eg if watering the garden.If fitting outside the property insulate the system to avoid frost damage.
Note: re Changing Filter / Clearance room under the unit
If you have a tight space make sure to allow some clearance room underneath the fitted unit for changing the filters.
The blue bowl unscrews down from the black head. If you are fitting the unit in a restricted space, make sure to allow a minimum of 3 and a half inches below the blue bowl for it to drop down and slide away.
Additional Notes for the Plumber
- The filter ports are 22mm Female Compression
- Position filter as close to the stop tap as possible. Secure system to the wall or a vertical surface using the attached brackets.
- The water enters the system on the LEFT hand side.
- Please fit a by-pass valve unless your customer specifically declines.
-Once the unit is ready - ie the pipework is completed and flexible hoses attached etc you need to flush the system. Some noise will be heard during the flushings.
- Check for any leaks. Run the cold water tap nearest to the filter for 5 minutes to release any trapped air.
- Repeat this process with all other cold water taps in the property and flush any toilets once.
- Enter the dates on the change log stickers