Instructions for Replacing INST-SC-REF whole house refillable sachets anti-scale
Product Codes: SC-REF16S and SC-REF32S
Thank you for your purchase and for choosing the greener option for replacing your media
How to Replace Your Filtration Media
1) Locate the correct housing ie with code SC16 or SC32
2) Turn off the water supply.
3) Take a bucket and place it under the filter housing to catch any water spillage.
4) Then press the red or black button on top of the housing unit (if you have one) to release pressure. Otherwise open up the cold water kitchen tap.
5) Remove the bottom housing from the head (Lefty loosey / righty tighty!)
6) Remove the Green topped “SC” cartridge and open it.
(Your cartridge might be either a quarter turn twist anti clockwise / pull off at the top) or have a jam jar type lid at the bottom which unscrews
7) Discard the old media.
The water filter black media can go on flower beds etc - but not on compost.
8) Rinse out the cartridge casing with cold water.
You can also wash the rubber washers in warm soapy water - to remove any residue. Then rinse and replace.
9) Carefully pour the new media from all of the bags into the cartridge casing.
To make one SC16 use ONE bag of SC-REF
To make one SC32 use TWO bags of SC-REF
Important Note: Do Not Overfill
The media / powder have been carefully measured. It should only look about a third full (it expands / volumises when in use. But the water is not supposed to force its way through it )
10) Close cartridge and re-insert into the housing unit. Take care to position the cartridge top and bottom correctly inside the housing.
11) Finally: On the housing: smear some Vaseline on the thin black rubber oring that sits in the lower bowl.
Make sure to put the oring back in its correct place.
You can also put vaseline on the screw threads to make the housing easier to open next time. (But do not put Vaseline on the cartridges).
12) Close housing. Do not over tighten. And turn the water supply back on.
Open up your cold water taps for 5 minutes to flush and let any trapped air escape.
The water may look cloudy for a while but will settle down after several minutes.
Any Problems? Please Telephone 020 8761 6611
Important Note re Reminders
To avoid long term bacteria build-up it is important to change or disconnect your water filter cartridges on time.
We will email you reminders when it's time to change, but please make sure you whitelist our email address so these reminders aren't sent to spam.
And/ or set an alarm now on your mobile or use Siri etc
Please note your feedback and any suggestions as to how we can improve our service are always appreciated.
Sales Admin Team
Telephone 020 8761 6611
Please call us on
020 8761 6611
UK Water Filters Ltd
Parkhall Industrial Centre
UK Water Filters Ltd a Company Limited by Guarantee,
Registered in England,
Company Number: 05249436,
VAT Reg. No. 863 7634 91
Questions? Call us for friendly advice
+44 (0) 20 8761 6611