Instructions for Changing your RO Membrane
Fitting Instructions for Reverse Osmosis Membrane
Product code: MEM-RO
Thank you again for your order. Please follow the instructions below carefully.
Video instructions available here
Before starting this is a good time to first sterlise your Reverse Osmosis system.
(Useful things to have nearby – 1. A cloth for any slight leakage 2. A pair of pliers to grasp the membrane)
1) Close the Saddle Valve and the Tank Valve then drain the system and empty the tank
2) Open the sinktop Tap/ Faucet to relieve system pressure
3) Take out any supply tube at the cap end of the membrane housing unit.
4) Un-screw the membrane filter housing cap - taking care not to lose the rubber o-ring. Sometimes the o-rings can drop out.
5) Remove the existing membrane using pliers if necessary.
6) Insert your new membrane with the two small black o-rings entering first.
7) Replace cap and supply tube
8) Turn off the sinktop Tap/ Faucet tap
9) Open tank valve
10) Open saddle valve to restart the water supply.
Refill Tank and Flush
11) Let the tank refill (this can take a couple of hours - depending on your local water pressure)
CAUTION: new filters must be flushed out before use. Discard all the water made in the first two tank fills. (Fill the tank then leave the Faucet / Tap open until the storage tank drains. Then refill tank. Repeat).
Any Problems? Please Telephone 020 8761 6611
Important Note re Reminders
To avoid long term bacteria build-up it is important to change or disconnect your water filter on time.
Your MEM-RO membrane should last three years - depending on local water quality
Your other four filters (the two prefilters and two post filters) should be changed every six months.
We will email you reminders when it's to change, but please make sure you whitelist our email address so these reminders aren't sent to spam.
And/ or set an alarm now on your mobile or use Siri etc
Please note your feedback and any suggestions as to how we can improve our service are always appreciated.
Sales Admin Team
Telephone 020 8761 6611
Please call us on
020 8761 6611
UK Water Filters Ltd
Parkhall Industrial Centre
UK Water Filters Ltd a Company Limited by Guarantee,
Registered in England,
Company Number: 05249436,
VAT Reg. No. 863 7634 91
Questions? Call us for friendly advice
+44 (0) 20 8761 6611