Salt Free Softeners
Saltless Water Softeners
Why haven't I heard about this before?
If non-salt softeners are so good then why aren't they being used by everyone?
Good question. There are a couple of main reasons. First the "softener industry" makes a lot of money from selling salt softeners.These are fairly low-tech, relatively inexpensive items that can be sold for many hundreds of pounds to the unsuspecting public - sometimes for thousands by door-to-door sales forces.
Added to this is the ongoing profit to be made from supplying the salt and subsequent "service calls". So there is a considerable vested interest in keeping the salt softening bandwagon going.
The other reason is that despite a lot of serious effort to find the "holy grail" of an effective non salt solution there hasn't been a totally satisfactory alternative - until very recently. Now for the first time we are delighted to bring this fully tested proven solution to the market.
Introducing Scale Centurion
Scale Centurion is simply a powder type media that your water runs through. It doesn't require any salt supplies or other maintenance. You simply fit and forget it until it needs replacing after at least two years (depends on your local water quality).
When tested by a fully independent US university laboratory this amazing new material achieved an anti-scale effectiveness rating of over 99% - the only non salt based anti-scale technology to do so.
More Benefits of Scale Centurion
- Removes existing scale from pipes and appliances.
- Very compact - saves you space.
- Lasts for up to THREE years (see below).
- Easy to install.
- Suitable for any property type from small homes to large business premises.
- Protects your valuable equipment.
How Scale Centurion Saves You Money
- Extends the life and efficiency of your dishwashers, hot water heaters, washing machines, shower heads and other equipment.
- Heating systems work at peak efficiency saving fuel costs.
- No treatment chemicals required.
- Increases the efficiency of soaps and cleansers.
- Just as effective as a salt water softener (which costs between £500 and £3000 or more).
- No electricity required.
... and Saves You Time and Effort
- No more scouring off unsightly water spots, and scale deposits from fixtures, bath tubs, shower doors, glasses, dishes, windows, and cars.
- Totally maintenance-free!
- No more reloading with heavy salt.
- Protects your domestic equipment plus commercial ice makers, coffee makers, mist cooling systems and other high-value end uses.
- Totally customisable to your specific needs. Whatever you want we can configure this amazing media to do.
- Scale Centurion can be used in either standard pressurised vessels / tanks or Point of Use cartridge formats.
Protects Your Environment
- No more phosphates and other harsh acids poured down the drain and damaging your environment.
- No brine discharge. Conventional salt water softeners are banned in some areas because of the damage this does to the environment.
- No more wasted water used for backwashing the salt softener.
- Promotes plant growth. (Scale water causes mineral build up and can eventually prevent adequate water penetration of plant roots).
- No more carbon costs of mining and transporting the salt around the world to get to your door.
- Doesn't require a power source.
- Recyclable Cartridges.
Renewing / Changing My Softener
How will I Know When to Renew
The Scale Centurion softener media will last you for at least 2 years - most likely three or more. (It might be longer depending on your local water conditions).
You'll know when it's time to change because you'll see scale slowly building up in your kettle etc.
During this time, you won't need to do anything but sit back and enjoy the benefits of this great anti-scale solution.
We will send you a free reminder when it is around the time to renew your softener.
All you have to do is change the cartridge. It only takes a few minutes.
How Much Does it Cost to Renew?
The replacement anti-scale media costs just £147. (It will last you a further 2 plus years, i.e. the same time as the original did).
What's In It and How Does it Work?
Our Scale Centurion is a proven and fully tested technology.
It works by extracting harmful dissolved limescale from your water via a patented process.
The Scale Centurion beads mimic the natural tendency of dissolved limescale to crystallise by forming microscopic hard crystals on the media surface. But it accelerates the process before the scale can stick to pipe and other surfaces further downstream.
Once the microscopic crystals grow large enough, they are freed from the surface by the water pressure / flow.
When the Scale Centurion treated water dries on surfaces, these crystals form a fine residue that is easily wiped off without any need for scouring cleansers. Often you won't see any residue at all.
Please note our salt fee softeners do NOT use Polyphosphates. These remove only 81% of Scale, release chemicals into the water and require regular replacement.
The unique media in our softeners create a ceramic template which allows the calcium ions to form into non-scaling crystals (guaranteed).
Fitting the Unit
This is an easy job for a plumber or a handyman. It should take them about an hour or two - depending on how much pipe work needs to be altered.
If you are good at DIY you could do it yourself.
Full instructions are supplied and support is available - though it's highly unlikely this will be required.
Your Money Back Guarantee
We are so confident that you will be delighted with your new unit that we offer an 18-month performance guarantee.
Prices and Technical Info.
Please select the right size model for your needs:
Saltless Softener Only
Please note we can do higher capacity models. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
Water softeners are not water filters. Unlike filters, softeners don't improve the taste of the water. So you will still be drinking and bathing in chlorinated water.
Now you can combine your softener with a powerful Whole House water filter. This will remove unpleasant tasting chlorine and greatly improve the quality of your drinking AND bathing experience.
Standard Size Homes
For a limited time, if you buy your highly effective new salt-free softener and the powerful Whole House water filter together you can save £100 - for the next few customers only
(The usual price is £597 - Our special offer price is £497 - all inclusive).
Considering the average price for a standard salt softener is usually at least £600, that's a great bargain.
(Please note this offer is strictly limited. So please order soon to avoid disappointment).
A similar deal to above: If you buy the larger salt-free softener and whole house water filter together you can save £200.
(The usual price is £1197 - Our special offer price is £997 - all inclusive).
Considering the average price for a larger salt softener is usually at least £1200, that's a great bargain.
(Please note this offer is strictly limited. So please order soon to avoid disappointment).
Fully Tested and Certified
Scale Centurion softener media has been fully tested using the DVGW-W512 protocol.
(DVGW is the top gas and water industry certification body in Europe).
It has also has been fully tested by Arizona State University against the international protocol for scale prevention. Achieved a 99.6% effectiveness rating - the only non-salt based anti scale technology to do so.
Until recently the merits of the various alternatives to salt-based water softeners weren't known for sure. There was a lot of anecdotal evidence - and the waters were muddied by rival systems competing in a war of words.
However that changed with a publicly funded study by Arizona State University and others*, where four alternative technologies were tested.
Why the Official Test was Carried Out
There is a major issue with using salt softeners in the Southwest United States - i.e. California, Arizona, etc. - where most of the water supply is classified as "hard", i.e. results in scale build up.
Many households use salt based water softeners to combat this. The problem is that water is very scarce.
Re-use / reclamation is an important water conservation measure. However the backwashing required for salt based softeners means the water becomes too salty to be reused.
This is why the State of California decided to restrict salt based
Before doing so they conducted a major study of alternative treatment devices to identify credible alternatives that would reduce scale without salt.
Results of the Official Test
The testing methodology used the German DVGW-W512 protocol.
At the lowest challenge (TDS 479 and CaC03 180) Scale Centurion technology had an efficiency of 99.6% and at the highest challenge (TDS 1200 and CaC03 500) 90% efficiency.
In all water samples, other alternative devices (water conditioners) only achieved 50% and below, with electro/magnetic being the worst.
Scale Centurion technology was judged to be exceptionally efficient. It saves money, saves water and does not harm the environment.
* The study was funded by the WateReuse Research Foundation in cooperation with the U.S. Bureau of Reclamation, the California State Water Resources Control Board, the California Energy Commission, and the California Department of Water Resources.